Security Groups can be created and managed in the “Access and Security” tab of the control panel under the “Security Groups” tab.
- Press the “Create security Group” button to begin.
- Give the group a name and description and press the “Create Security Group” button.
- Once created you can create the rules for the group by pressing the “Manage Rules button” under the “Actions” tab.
- Here you can set rules for both IPv4 and IPv6 protocols.
- To create a rule press the “Add Rule” button.
- Rule Here you can choose the type of rule you would like to create.
- Direction Ingress is for all traffic incoming to the server. Egress is for all traffic coming from the server.
- Open Port allows you to choose whether this rule will be for a specific port or range of ports
- Port Input your port or range of ports here.
- Remote allows you to choose whether this rule will be for a set IP range (CIDR) or members of an existing security group (Security Group)
- CIDR Input the IP range that will be affected by this rule.
Press the “Add” button to create the rule.